Pep Guardiola has come straight out and denied reports that he is set to replace Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus.

It was claimed by an Italian journalist on Saturday that the Man City manager had reached a “verbal agreement” on a four-year deal with the Italian champions, however just hours later the man himself denied this completely.

“I’m not going to Juventus,” Guardiola told talkSPORT’s Sam Matterface after his side’s 3-1 win over Watford.

“I have two more years here and I want to stay here. Except if the club sack me, I hope that [for] the next two seasons I will be manager for Man City. I wanna stay here. Maybe longer.

“And I’m so sorry for Massimiliano Allegri for these kind of comments, but I don’t know how the journalist- For one guy to say one news and say these kind of things.

“Everybody ask me this question. Why do people ask me if I go to Juventus when one guy says that, wakes up and says I’m going to go to Juventus?”

Raheem Sterling scored a hat-trick as Guardiola’s City beat Watford 3-1

Raheem Sterling scored a hat-trick as Guardiola’s City beat Watford 3-1

The story was first reported by Il Giornale reporter Luigi Guelpa, who last year correctly broke the news that Cristiano Ronaldo would join Juventus from Real Madrid.

When it was explained to Guardiola that this is why so many people paid attention to the initial reports, the Man City boss replied: “So now it’s 1-1, he made a good shot with Ronaldo, but he miss a shot.

“I’m not going to go to Juventus in the next years.”

Search