It is the RNA virus that can infect humans and many animal species. The virus, which draws attention with its resemblance to flu, causes respiratory infections that can result in death.
What are the symptoms of Corona Virus?
- Anorexia and weight loss
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Respiratory problems, shortness of breath
- Runny nose, flu
- Balance problems
- Vision problems, eye irritation
What Should Be Done To Prevent Corona Virus?
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water. Washing time should not be less than 20 seconds.
- Alcohol-based disinfectant should be used in places where soap and water are not available.
- While sneezing or coughing, your mouth must be closed, paper tissues must be used during closure and disposed of immediately.
- Touching the mouth, nose and eyes with dirty hands during the day should be avoided.
- Commonly used surfaces such as door handles, toys, elevators, and stair rails should be disinfected and touched as much as possible.
- Eating food from the same captain should not be eaten with people who show or have been diagnosed with the disease, personal contact such as kissing and hugging should be avoided and the time of being in the same room should be minimized.
- Closed areas should be frequently ventilated, especially if clothing is possible after coming from outside, it should be ventilated by hanging in a place that receives wind if it is not possible in a sun-exposed place.
- Raw or uncooked animal products should not be consumed.
- Hands should be washed before and after contact with animals, contact with sick animals should be avoided.
Corona Virus Incubation Period
The incubation period of the Corona virus is known as 14 days. For this reason, the 14 day rule should be applied.
What is the 14 Day Rule?
The 14-day rule is for people from abroad to isolate themselves from the external environment for 14 days, which is the incubation period, and do not accept visitors.
How is Corona Virus Treated?
There is no vaccine developed against Corona virus yet. For this reason, the nearest health institution should be notified when the symptoms are noticed. Most patients can recover without the need for medication, as the disease has a mild course. However, in order to reduce some symptoms, the patient is recommended abundant fluid support with painkillers, antipyretics and cough medications. Rest is very important throughout the process.